Want to know about a secret weapon to fight fear, despair, bitterness, and ingratitude?
Then you are in the right place. This entire post is about JOY! joy in the Lord, joy of the Lord, joy and health even joy and good digestion.
Joy is powerful yet refreshing, like the sun after a rain and gentle like the morning dew. May rivers of joy overflow in your life.
1. Joy comes from God. Ask for it. He will fill you up.
“Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.” (Romans 15:13)
2. Use joy as a motivator when you are going through hard times, just like Jesus did.
“Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.” (Hebrews 12:2)
3. Joy is not dependent on what happens and no matter what happens, you can have joy.
“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.” (James 1:2 – 1:4)
4. You can be happy regardless of your possessions if Jesus is your Lord and Savior.
“Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the LORD.” (Psalms 144:15)
5. Joy is contagious, share yours to fill up with more!
“These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.” (John 15:11)
6. Joy does a body good. Did you know that food tastes better and is better for you when you eat joyfully? Try this recipe: A portion of gratitude sprinkled with happiness and a side of good company. Bon appetite!
“Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.” (Ecclesiastes 9:7)
7. One of the best things about trials is the joy that follows.
“For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.” (Psalms 30:5)
8. A mean, bitter, impatient Christian, is no Christian at all.
“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.” (Galatians 5:22 – 5:23)
9. With God before you, there is an ever source of joy available to you as near as you need.
“I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.” (Psalms 16:8 – 16:9)
10. Command your soul to praise the Lord.
“Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.” (Philippians 4:4)
11. The Word of God is your source of joy running over.
“Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts.” (Jeremiah 15:16)
12. When you trust in the Lord, you can find good in any situation the Lord allows.
“He that handleth a matter wisely shall find good: and whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he.” (Proverbs 16:20)
13. The light of joy will melt away the darkness of sorrow.
“And the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.” (Isaiah 35:10)
14. Every day God wakes you up is worth rejoicing about.
“This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.” (Psalms 118:24)
15. Picture that, you give God joy!
“The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.” (Zephaniah 3:17)
You may also like: Psalms About Joy