Is there anything more precious than a newborn baby? Just looking at their beautiful little hands and feet, standing in awe at the miracle you are holding…it’s such a beautiful feeling.
You look on, needing to comfort and protect them while they rest in your care. There is something about the youngest among you that brings hope alive all over again, making tomorrow a little sweeter.
Jesus loves the little children, and what an honor that He would bless the earth with their precious souls!
1. What is more perfect than a newborn baby? God blesses you with good things, and this gift is at the top of the top!
“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” (James 1:17)
2. To be blessed with a child from your heavenly Father is an honor. Therefore you would do well if you give this treasure back to the Lord.
“For this child I prayed; and the LORD hath given me my petition which I asked of him: Therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the LORD. And he worshipped the LORD there.” (1 Samuel 1:27)
3. God knows those who walk among you before they are even formed in the womb! He also knows your children, your children’s children, and the plans He has for their lives.
“Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5)
4. The chambers of the heart, the color of the skin, hair and eyes, the personalized features of each and every human being were all formed by Him. His awesomeness has no end!
“Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;” (Isaiah 44:24)
5. Make sure your children become acquainted with Jesus! He loves them so much, and wants to show them what a blessed life they will have when He is their closest friend!
“But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 19:14)
6. How can tiny fingers, hands, arms and legs form in the womb as they miraculously do? Because God. Simply God.
“As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.” (Ecclesiastes 11:5)
7. Some parts of the world consider large family something undesirable. Not God! When He trusts you with their little lives, find the joy and don’t let the world convince you of anything other than the blessing that they are.
“Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward. As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.” (Psalms 127:3 – 127:5)
8. Noticing the things that your little ones are desiring to learn? Pay attention, give them a head start and help them become who they are meant to be.
“Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.” (Proverbs 22:6)
9. YOU are the example set before children. YOU are the one to lead them in the right paths. Even when they are not your own. Be an example. Love them and jump at the opportunity to be a special person in the life of a child.
“Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of my Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 18:10)
10. When you know how you feel about a newborn baby, and consider all of its preciousness, remember that YOU are a child of God. His baby! And He cares for you!
“But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.” (Matthew 10:30 – 10:31)
11. Some of the hardest things you go through in life could be very sorrowful but in time will turn to great joy. A woman giving birth is the perfect example to help better understand, and to give you hope of your future.
“A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.” (John 16:21)
12. Have you ever thought about how it must have felt when Jesus blessed the children that were brought to Him? That’s an option for you too! Take your children to the Lord (in prayer, in church, in the Word), and let Him bless them!
“And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.” (Mark 10:16)
13. It is hard for the heart of a true mother forgetting her child in this life, but the Bible says it could happen. It’s hard to imagine though, isn’t it, knowing how strong the bond of love usually is? That should give you an idea of how much God loves YOU!
“Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.” (Isaiah 49:15)
14. The greatest blessing the world ever experienced was brought to mankind in the form of a baby. That baby brought redemption to fallen man!
“Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.” (Isaiah 7:14)
15. While we love and care for our babies, mutual love and respect needs to be taught to them too. When you do it right, even after the terrible two’s, crazy teen years and awkward years of learning as they become adults, they will do it right too.
“Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.” (Ephesians 6:1 – 6:3)