There are many books that have been written about God’s plan, but the Bible is the ultimate guide that we can be relied on for instruction and understanding. His ways are not our ways, but His ways are the best ways! A life that desires the will of God and diligently seeks to follow after Him is a life that is blessed beyond what the world can even see. Here are 15 scriptures to teach us about the blessings of following God’s plan:
1. From the beginning of time, when God first created man, He had a plan. Man was to have dominion over all of the other living creatures. His plan for man didn’t stop at just that, and His plan hasn’t changed. Seek to find what His specific plan is for you!
“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.” (Genesis 1:26)
2. Not everyone’s life is going to look the same. God has different missions for different people. You can rest assured though, that His mission for you includes His peace and goodness!
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
3. Before you were ever born, He knew exactly who you would be, and He knows where He wants you in His grand plan! Do you?
“Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.” (Jeremiah 1:5)
4. When God tells you, “This is where I want you. This is where you belong.”, embrace His calling and purpose for your life. What a privilege that He would use you for His purpose, and He knows where you fit in perfectly!
“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10)
5. God’s will is that no one would ever lose out with Him. Aren’t you thankful that He has patience while He woos your loved ones and your own soul, desiring abundant life for everyone?
“The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9)
6. When your world turns upside down, or things don’t go as expected, don’t lose heart. Look at the situation and say, “God, what good things will You be bringing out of this situation?” Being His faithful child, you know things will work out according to His plan.
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
7. Fasten your seatbelt! You don’t love Him because of the rewards, but because you love Him, prepare yourself to be amazed!
“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” (1 Corinthians 2:9)
8. God isn’t finished moving yet! Stay tuned in with Him to continue seeing the beauty of the Lord!
“Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:” (Isaiah 46:10)
9. It’s possible to be rich in Jesus yet live beneath your privilege because you haven’t yet learned of all that He is offering you. Find out how blessed you are in His Word!
“In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:” (Ephesians 1:11)
10. The closer you draw to the Lord, the clearer His instructions for your life will become. Let Him guide you-He won’t lead you astray!
“I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.” (Psalms 32:8)
11. Continually, the Word of God reminds you that God doesn’t want anyone to perish. He only wants the world to have eternal life found through Him. Never let the devil tell you that He doesn’t want you to be saved. Eternal life is a gift He wants everyone to have!
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)
12. The Lord takes you as you are, and loves you so much, He gives you a new identity, a new heart and a new purpose. You are heading somewhere special!
“Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.” (1 John 3:2)
13. Hold on to the Savior and never let go! He is the answer for deliverance from evil!
“And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.” (Revelation 22:3 – 22:4)
14. Admitting your sins and getting back up after we fall is the desire of your Savior. Let Him clean you up, and then carry on! Don’t try to hide your sin, nor avoid fessing up. He wants you to get back on your feet-you are going somewhere!
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.” (1 John 1:9 – 1:10)
15. Not only does Jesus have a plan, He wants you to be part of it! The more, the merrier! He wants your eternal fellowship!
“In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” (John 14:2 – 14:3)