You may have heard of this place called “Heaven” since you were a small child. Your understanding of it may have been to simply sit on a cloud and maybe enjoy playing music, or to enjoy a reunion with a loved one who has passed on.
But the truth be known, no one is completely sure what heaven will be like. What is known is that when the Bible talks about heaven, it is described as a beautiful place that is like nothing else man has ever experienced!
The Bible gives small glimpses with its descriptions and allows man to yearn for that glorious place until he is finally there!
1. When Jesus talks about many mansions, it is because He wants you to be there! There is room enough for everyone who surrenders their lives to Him! That includes you!
“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” (John 14:1 – 14:3)
2. That beautiful place is the perfect place of communion with God! It’s a place where God dwells, and He loves the people who will dwell there with Him!
“And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.”“And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.”“And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.” (Revelation 21:1)
3. A place that brings healing! A river of life from the throne of God! The tree of life! Could John accurately describe how magnificent this place is? Words probably failed to express all he felt about this glorious place!
“And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.”“In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.” (Revelation 22:1 – 22:2)
4. What a day to desire when there will be no more death or sorrow, no crying or pain, and the comfort of the Savior wiping away your tears.
“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” (Revelation 21:4)
5. The ways of this world are not for you, child of God. Your citizenship is heavenly!
“For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.” (Philippians 3:20 – 3:21)
6. When you make it to heaven (if faithful), earthly ways will no longer apply to you (in this case, marriage). No need to worry about the cares of this life following you to eternity.
“And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage: But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage: Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.” (Luke 20:34 – 20:36)
7. Can you imagine seeing someone like Elijah taken to heaven? If the initial introduction to heaven was that amazing, can you imagine what eternity will be?!
“And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.” (2 Kings 2:11)
8. Be fervent in your walk with God! Obey His commandments out of love!
“Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:19)
9. The Bible’s “Hall of Faith” chapter gave many examples of the devoted who stayed faithful, desiring a better place. He prepared a place for them, and He wants you to join them after your faithful days!
“But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.” (Hebrews 11:16)
10. You may have an idea of all that God is going to give to His precious children, but you still can’t see the entire picture. Just hold on! The day will come!
“For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.” (1 Corinthians 13:12)
11. The false accusations and weapons of the enemy that come against you won’t last forever. Keep the final reward in mind!
“Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.”“Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.” (Matthew 5:11 – 512)
12. A place where the common love for God brings all of His children together-oh, what a glorious place!
“After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;” (Revelation 7:9)
13. Don’t allow possessions to hold you back from your heavenly treasure! Those things are temporal. The heavenly is eternal!
“Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.” (Matthew 19:21)
14. When you look at the limitless creation of God, this verse is easy to believe! You can’t even imagine!
“But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” (1 Corinthians 2:9)
15. The Father was willing to give everything (even his only son) that we might be with Him in paradise forever.
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)