Hope and faith play a major role in the Christian “economy.” Faith is the currency Christian’s use in spiritual transactions. Hope is a genuine expectation of a favorable outcome. Embedded in hope and faith is our acknowledgement that God is supreme ruler.
1. Expect God to come through for you.
“Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.” (Romans 15:13)
2. God sent His Holy Word as a way to infuse his gift of hope in us.
“For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.” (Romans 15:4)
3. Have hope in God, He has good things in store for you.
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
4. Faith is the currency we use for spiritual transactions.
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” (Hebrews 11:1)
5. Hope in the Lord. I mean, seriously, where else are you going to get supernatural strength to do battle in this life?
“But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:31)
6. God wins every time. Stick with God if you want victory.
“Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his God.” (Psalms 146:5)
7. Don’t let ANYTHING get you down when there is a God in Heaven -in whom we live and have our being!
“Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.” (Psalms 43:5)
8. God’s promises will never fail.
“Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised).” (Hebrews 10:23)
9. You are backed by the
biggest kid on the person who OWNS the block, the whole neighborhood and feeds the bullies and employs their parents, holds their mortgages, and determines the weather as well as who wakes up tomorrow…I’d say you’re in good hands.
“Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.” (Deuteronomy 31:6)
10. Have you been revived by the good news that Jesus’ mission to this lonely planet was successful?! Not only did HE rise from death, but he stepped on death’s throat on His way out of the grave and we don’t have to die eternally for our sins. Praise God!
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.” (1 Peter 1:3)
11. Got Hope? Even a little will get God’s attention.
“Behold, the eye of the LORD is upon them that fear him, upon them that hope in his mercy.” (Psalms 33:18)
12. Ahh, the hope of eternal glory. Let this imagery marinate in your spirit and buoy you up on dark days.
“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” (Revelation 21:4)
13. Honor God in your words and deeds and when people notice something different, tell them why you gave your heart to God.
“But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear.” (1 Peter 3:15)
14. Things may not always look so good around you, but elevate your mind to meditate on heavenly things to come, like the cosmic second coming of Jesus and eradication of sin and death.
“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Savior Jesus Christ.” (Titus 2:13)
15. Literally, God’s Word (Jesus) is His bond (to us). Now THAT’S GOOD NEWS.
“God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?” (Numbers 23:19)