When it comes to feeling inadequate, all too often that feeling is gaged on comparing yourself with those around you. Social media also has the tendency to make you look at your friends and their happy photos with the belief that life is perfect for them, or at least much, much better than your own.
Friend, don’t let the illusions, or even the reality, around you intimidate you into feeling like you don’t measure up. Who set the bar?
Measure your worth through the Word of God, for that is where you will find your value.
1. God wants you to know that true righteousness is found through Him, no matter the impression others give. The deepest parts of your heart and the actions done within your body work in harmony when the Spirit of God is what drives you to be righteous.
“As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:” (Romans 3:10)
2. You can’t give salvation to yourself. You must receive that gift from God. Just like everyone else, so no one has individual bragging rights.
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” (Ephesians 2:8)
3. Your strength comes from your Savior when your own strength isn’t enough. Don’t worry-He wants you to experience the strength that only comes from Him!
“And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.” (2 Corinthians 12:9)
4. When God made you, He formed you with love. You mean so much to Him!
“For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother’s womb. I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.” (Psalm 139:13 – 13:16)
5. Find your greatest worth in your closeness with God. Keeping His words is the best standard to base your life around.
“Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.” (John 14:23 – 4:24)
6. Chosen by the world? Accepted by the popular crowd? Nope! Not even close! Chosen by God! Your Creator! The One that outshines all the rest!
“But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:” (1 Peter 2:9)
7. Fulfill what God called you to do; don’t worry about what the world says you should do!
“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” (Ephesians 2:10)
8. If God is the one giving you strength, you are capable of conquering battles, moving mountains, seeing great victories, experiencing the impossible! The world can’t say the same thing!
“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” (Philippians 4:13)
9. When God created you, His love was for keeps! Discarding you because of your humanness isn’t even an option in His book!
“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,”“Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38 -8:39)
10. The world may want to see their names in bright lights and be known in households across the globe. But you! You have the attention of the One who created light! No famous person will outshine you in the eyes of God!
“Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.” (1 John 3:1)
11. When it comes to measuring what is good and what is worthy, the world around you has obviously missed it because turmoil is rampant! God’s ways and His desires for your life will weed out a whole bunch of garbage the world wants to weigh you down with, including their idea of self-worth! They are clueless.
“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
12. When God gives you the gift of salvation, it’s time to knock that burden of condemnation off of your shoulders and walk with your head high! When you are living right, walking after the Spirit, condemnation is no longer welcome to take up residence in your mind!
“There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (Romans 8:1)
13. When you do what this verse tells you to do, walk with confidence in where God is directing you, no matter where that may be! God’s purpose is much more fulfilled by the people who sacrificially give of their time, talent and resources, in contrast to those who soak up the limelight in pride and self-elevation.
“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” (Proverbs 3:5 – 3:6)
14. Not good enough? Uh….the Holy Ghost chose to live in your soul, and you aren’t good enough? It’s time for you to think again!
“What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?”“For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” (1 Corinthians 6:19 – 6:20)
15. Chosen. God said chosen. That makes you amazingly special!
“Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.” (Isaiah 43:10)