Jesus said that He came to give life more abundantly, but sometimes you feel like the struggles are overpowering the blessings.
Be encouraged, my friend. If you are struggling, that means you haven’t thrown in the towel! Today, just make it through today. And tomorrow, just make it through tomorrow.
Let the scriptures remind you that you are not alone in handling hardships, and that you too, can be an overcomer! Furthermore, the abundant life will once again be revealed.
1. Joy is that assurance you have deep within, knowing you are at peace with your God. When those temptations dangle in front of you, your faith will keep you and help you to grow.
“My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.” (James 1:2 – 1:4)
2. When you feel like things are falling apart, look to your Creator and trust in what He is doing. He can see where all of the pieces fit beautifully together, even when you can’t.
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
3. Temptations last for a time, but the crown of life, forever. You know the reward of resistance is worth it, and it is desired over the consolation prize of guilt and regret.
“Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.” (James 1:12)
4. The hard times are going to pass, that is a given. Keep holding on one day at a time. The glory that will be revealed in time will be worth it.
“For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” (Romans 8:18)
5. Your difficult coworker is not your enemy. Your cranky neighbor isn’t either. They’re wrestling against things they don’t even know about. Pray for them, so that they can win against the rulers of the darkness of this world too.
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” (Ephesians 6:12)
6. When you need someone to talk to, talk to Jesus. He doesn’t want your fake smile and perfectly memorized happy prayers. He wants you. Your tears. Your pain. All of you. Broken you.
“The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles. The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.” (Psalms 34:17 – 34:18)
7. When you are feeling weak, make your way to the Lord, even if you have to crawl to Him. His supply of strength and power never runs low. He has what you need to get back up and face another day.
“Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.” (Isaiah 40:28 – 40:29)
8. When you see weapons that have you in the crosshairs, there is no need to panic. They didn’t slip past the Lord undetected. It isn’t that weapons won’t come against us. They just won’t have success in our demise.
“No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.” (Isaiah 54:17)
9. Don’t let life convince you to undervalue your faith in God. The price that was paid for your salvation was greater than you can comprehend. It can stand the test of any fire or trial.
“That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:” (1 Peter 1:7)
10. When you feel like there are troubles on every side, keep on keeping on. Your righteous lifestyle is the guarantee that the Lord will deliver you out of every trial.
“Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.” (Psalms 34:19)
11. Hard times are part of the fallen world you live in, but because His Spirit lives in you, you can overcome the trials life throws your way.
“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
12. When you want to talk to someone who understands, Jesus is available and waiting. He cares. He’s the Friend that will listen. If He would speak audibly to you, He would probably say, “I know just how you feel.”
“For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrews 4:15)
13. Jesus won’t ask you to do what He hasn’t already done Himself. He suffered during His time on earth and knows that you will have times of suffering too. But a reward is coming. As He did, you will lay your earthly struggles down too.
“And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.” (Romans 8:17 – 8:18)
14. He is there when you are in your darkest hour, even when you don’t know if you will spiritually survive. He’s with you. He will comfort you. He will bring you through.
“Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.” (Psalms 23:4)
15. When the noise of life is loud, don’t worry that the Lord has gotten lost in the mix. He’s still in control and He knows exactly where you are. He’s there to help you, to strengthen you, to lift you.
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” (Isaiah 41:10)
You may also like: Psalms For Encouragement