When I was a little girl, I often used to hear my mother sigh and say in a quiet voice, “Father give me strength” as she wearily went about her tasks and duties. As a child, I didn’t understand that her words were a request for a lifeline, a boost of Heavenly help to just “get through”.
Her words were a prayer. I can say she always received what she needed to move on with composure and grace. After many lessons from mom and personal experiences with Jesus, I can say that you too can experience all the peace and strength you need wherever you are, if you simply ask.
The following quotes and verses are wonderful promises about how God’s peace and strength can fill your life with confidence that God “is able to carry you through” any trial or difficulty you may face.
1. Strength and peace are a blessing from God.
“The LORD will give strength unto his people; the LORD will bless his people with peace.” (Psalms 29:11)
2. You can have peace in trials because Jesus has already fought and won for you.
“These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)
3. Just the thought of Jesus brings thoughts of peace.
“Acquaint now thyself with him, and be at peace: thereby good shall come unto thee. Receive, I pray thee, the law from his mouth, and lay up his words in thine heart.” (Job 22:21 – 22:22)
4. Where Jesus is, there is peace.
“And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.” (Luke 2:13 – 2:14)
5. God can give you a peaceful sleep. Just ask.
“I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.” (Psalms 4:8)
6. Fight the good fight and when you are drained, God will top you up again.
“He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.” (Isaiah 40:29)
7. God keeps his word, even when you don’t keep yours.
“For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.” (Isaiah 54:10)
8. God’s people have thick skin, not bruised egos or short tempers.
“Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.” (Psalm 119:165)
9. Peace bearing messengers bringing messages of God’s salvation are a needed light in this dark world.
“How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!” (Isaiah 52:7)
10. Trusting in God will strengthen your soul.
“The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.” (Psalms 28:7)
11. Fear cripples but it’s a good thing Jesus is the Great Physician. He prescribes peace for your troubled soul.
“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” (John 14:27)
12. Peace and confidence in God are synonymous.
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
13. Jesus is the source of peace. Won’t he imbue you with His peace?
“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” (Isaiah 9:6)
14. When God imparts strength, He is actually connecting a lifeline to you which gives you unlimited access to His strength while you rest in His care. That’s good medicine.
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” (Isaiah 41:10)
15. Christ has brought peace to heal the rupture between us and the Heavenly Father created by sin. This peace gives us the precious hope that we can one day see God face to face.
“Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.” (Romans 5:1 – 5:2)
You may also like: Psalms about peace