It’s hard to choose just one above all the rest of the many glorious pieces of creation that God has brought into existence.
On a clear summer night with the soft sounds of nature nearby though, the stars represent a spectacular view of sparkling, twinkling beauty against a midnight blue backdrop.
Once again, God has given the gift of incredible beauty for your eyes to gaze upon, and to be reminded of how great, how grand and how creative He truly is. Even the scriptures make mention of the beautiful lights in the sky above!
1. If stars could think, surely this one would have been so proud to have been the one chosen to lead the way to the newborn Savior!
“Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.” (Matthew 2:1)
2. You are only a small little being in the vast and immeasurable creations of God, yet you are the one who is more precious and valuable above everything else!
“When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?” (Psalms 8:3 – 8:4)
3. Simple words cannot describe the greatness, the grandness, the incredibleness of your God!
“Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that bringeth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.” (Isaiah 40:26)
4. Stars are used sometimes in scripture to represent angels.
“The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.” (Revelation 1:20)
5. That One who made the stars made you too! He is the One you need to seek! He is the One who is powerful enough to command the course of nature, and still take time for you!
“Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The LORD is his name:” (Amos 5:8)
6. Dreaming of the sun, moon and stars bowing down to you-what could it mean? For Joseph, even creation was moved by the command of God when there was an important mission God wanted him to do.
“And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me. And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?” (Genesis 37:9 37:10)
7. The Milky Way has over one hundred thousand million stars. Can you wrap your mind around that? Plus the Creator formed it out of nothing? Wow!
“And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.” (Genesis 1:16)
8. No matter if the heavens release their stars, shake and rock our world, God is still in charge, and He still has you in the palm of His hand!
“And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.” (Mark 13:25)
9. Simply looking into the depths of the stars—their vast number and that they differ from each other—takes the understanding of the magnitude of God a little deeper!
“There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.” (1 Corinthians 15:41)
10. To be used by God to lead others to Him makes you shine bright in God’s eyes!
“And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.” (Daniel 12:3)
11. If the Lord can regulate the sun, moon, stars and sea! He can surely direct your path also!
“Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:” (Jeremiah 31:35)
12. You can read about the uncertain times in this scripture, and there will be times in life where you feel like this is your situation, spiritually or emotionally. Even so, whether you can see lights from the heavens or not, the promise of the Lord is still intact. He will always be with you!
“The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining:” (Joel 2:10)
13. That star was a prophecy of Jesus!
“I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: there shall come a Star out of Jacob, and a Sceptre shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.” (Numbers 24:17)
14. Have you ever wanted to watch someone’s reaction when you told them some exciting news? How do you think Abraham reacted to this?
“And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.” (Genesis 15:5)
15. The Lord’s creation is called to praise Him. That included you too! He is so worthy!
“Praise ye him, all his angels: praise ye him, all his hosts. Praise ye him, sun and moon: praise him, all ye stars of light. Praise him, ye heavens of heavens, and ye waters that be above the heavens.” (Psalms 148:2)