Turn on the news for an hour every day for one week, and you will find that there is enough to worry about to last a lifetime! Job security, safety in your city, safety for you and your family, health and public risks, and the list goes on and on and on!
Jesus said that in the world there would be tribulation, but be of good cheer because He has overcome the world. When His Spirit is in you, you have what it takes to be an overcomer too.
Let the following scriptures remind you that you are never alone to face your worries and fears. God is always present and is the Helper you can count on!
1. Don’t bear your burden alone, ask Jesus to help you, he will carry you through.
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28)
2. God’s peace will quench your fear like nothing else can.
“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”(John 14:27 )
3. God’s retirement plan Covers all cares and more.
“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” (John 14:1 – 14:3)
4. If you love God, Trust Him, especially when it’s tough.
“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.” (1 John 4:18)
5. Fear is not of God.
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”(2 Timothy 1:7)
6. God will take care of you and your every concern.
“Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be strong, fear not: behold, your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you.” (Isaiah 35:4)
7. God allows trials so that you can exercise your faith muscles in him.
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.” (Isaiah 41:10)
8. Ask God for directions and he will direct you.
“Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” (Proverbs 3:5 – 3:6)
9. Accept that God desires a life of abundance for you.
“Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.” (Jeremiah 17:7 – 17:8)
10. Don’t waste time worrying, ask God for what you need with a thankful heart.
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:6 – 4:7)
11. You have God’s undivided attention, share in prayer what worries you.
“Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.” (1 Peter 5:7)
12. God is the source of peace, ask him for some.
“Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.” (2 Thessalonians 3:16)
13. Command your feelings with positive thoughts and words from the word.
“Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.” (Proverbs 12:25)
14. Nothing is too hard or too heavy for God to bear, so share in prayer what’s on your mind.
“Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.” (Psalms 55:22)
15. No need to fear, God is my strong helper.
“So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.” (Hebrews 13:6)
16. Ask Jesus to help you, He will carry you through.
“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” (Philippians 4:13)
17. Christ is backing you with endless resources.
“But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19)
18. God wants good things for your life.
“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” (Jeremiah 29:11)
19. Whatever he has purposed you to do he will enable you to do it.
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
You may also like: Psalms for anxiety