As a child of God, you are going to face trying times that will try to shake your faith. And when the trial has passed, a residue of hurt tries to stick around, robbing you of complete victory.
It may be the betrayal of a dear friend or brother or sister in the church, or a great loss in your natural world that you didn’t deserve.
God’s will is for you to have an abundant life that isn’t hindered by past failures of others, or even yourself.
Spiritual, emotional, and even physical healings still happen for God’s children today. Be encouraged as you read His Word-and let the healing from your Savior begin in your life.
1. Healing comes in obedience to God’s Word, commandments and guidelines for your life.
“And said, If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, and wilt do that which is right in his sight, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep all his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the LORD that healeth thee.” (Exodus 15:26)
2. True healing happens in your mind and soul. Ask God to forgive you for your sins.
“Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;”(Psalms 103:2)
3. 1st thing’s first, serve the Lord with gladness. He made us and can restore us.
“And ye shall serve the LORD your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee.” (Exodus 23:25)
4. It is due to the LORD’s mercies that we are not wrecked. His compassion toward us and willingness to heal us are reloaded every day.
“Have mercy upon me, O LORD; for I am weak: O LORD, heal me; for my bones are vexed.” (Psalms 6:2)
5. Jesus is still in the healing business.
“How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” (Acts 10:38)
6. Broken hearts are “the great physician’s” specialty.
“He healeth the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds.” (Psalms 147:3)
7. Spiritual healing and physical healing are definitely correlated. Ask God to forgive you from every sin you can think of to start the healing process.
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” ()2 Chronicles 7:14
8. God hears the prayers of the repentant, so repent, then ask for healing.
“O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.” (Psalms 30:2)
9. Want the secret to healing and deliverance? Ask God how He can use you to heal others…then do what he says.
“The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised” (Luke 4:18)
10. No matter what anyone says, remember that you and God-your faith and his power-are an over-ruling majority in every circumstance.
“For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.” (Jeremiah 30:17)
11. Jesus was tortured and beaten so that we could have forgiveness of sins and healing for our bodies.
“But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.” (Isaiah 53:5)
12. Let your faith be bigger than your problem.
“And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.” (Mark 5:34)
13. Rx: For maximum healing, “Cheer up!” Take a dose of merriness every day and call God every morning.
“A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.” (Proverbs 17:22)
14. Jesus is offering rest for your body, mind and soul…won’t you accept his offer? “God I accept you as Lord over my life, please come and reign in me, forgive me for my sins, and deliver me from evil. In Jesus’ name, amen.”
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28 -30)
You may also like: Psalms for healing